The Kissbone with the Fontana slide:
It’s a marvelous instrument. I have no doubt about it, since I play Schagerl instruments and plus the intense technical work, made my playing so much better.
the air goes through the instrument easy and relax. The more you play the rounder the sound get. My feeling with the instrument is that I’m playing with him together. He helps me to make the technical stuff more easy. Really a High-Class instrument.
Born in 1992 in Guatemala, Pablo Marin-Reyes began his studies in trombone at the age of 15
in the National Conservatory “Germán Alcántara“ in Guatemala City. Marin-Reyes completed
his Bachelor’s Degree with M. M. Martin Bonilla, at the University of Costa Rica, UCR.
He is currently living in Salzburg, Austria, and studying the Master Program with Univ. Prof.
Andreas Pfeiler at the Musik und Kunst Privatuniversität der Stadt Wien. Marin-Reyes is also
being coached by his friend and mentor, the renowned international soloist Lito Fontana.
Pablo Marin-Reyes has played with several ensembles and orchestras in Central America: Youth
Orchestra Jesús Castillo, Guatemala National Symphony Orchestra, University of Costa Rica
Symphony Orchestra, Heredia Symphony Orchestra, Costa Rica National Symphony Orchestra,
Central America and the Caribbean Youth Symphony Orchestra and Ensemble Acrobat for
Modern Music (Salzburg).
Awards and Competitions:
● 2020, 1st. Price, Category 5, at the Innovatrombone.com Online competition.
● 2017, finalist, National competition “Young soloists” Costa Rica National Symphony
● 2016, winner, “Soloists Competition“ Universidad of Costa Rica Symphony Orchestra.
● 2015, winner, “Recital de Honor“ University of Costa Rica.
● 2014, winner, “Recital de Honor“ University of Costa Rica.
Pablo Marin-Reyes plays Schagerl instruments.